We have a slightly different programme over the next two weeks and we are limiting numbers at this moment in time, so please call to book.
We love our Walties!
2019 has proven to be the most fulfilling Christmas and New Year period at the hub to date.
A quick snapshot of what has been achieved by WALT would show:
- 2 groups of at least 5 people supported in Christmas shopping.
- 2 Christmas parties arranged and attended by over 20 people at each venue in Lords Wood and Walderslade.
- 4 Christmas Day food hampers and gifts were provided to families in desperate need.
- Toys/Gifts were provided to families for 20 children, whilst others were shared with local churches and preschool groups for children in need, linked to their services.
- 100 gift bags containing handmade gifts, chocolate oranges and cards were distributed across ME5 to those who are socially isolated and / or are members of WALT.
- A Christmas Day box filled with clothes for 1 person with very little of their own.
- On Christmas Day, 6 members were visited, invited to lunch under the share-a-chair initiative or supported to have Christmas Dinner at Pip & Jim’s Church.
- 20 people – who would otherwise have been alone – enjoyed a Boxing Day brunch here at the hub.
WALT also hosted a Christmas meal for their amazing volunteers and presented gifts to show how much their love and support is appreciated at Christmas, and indeed, throughout the year.
This is all possible thanks to the generosity of everyone who donated food, clothing, their craft skills and so much more.
The Net couldn’t achieve what it does without WALT, and we’re delighted that we are able to support them in their endeavours. This is thanks to the support that we get from funders, who last year included Kent Community Foundation (continuing for another two years), Magic Little Grant, the Kent Messenger, the Co-op and the National Lottery.
Here’s to 2020!
Thanks to the lovely ladies at WALT, the Hub will be open right across Christmas for folks to drop in for hot refreshments and mince pies.
If you’re on your own, our community is hugely welcoming and there are lots of opportunities to make new friends.
While donations will be welcome, the cafe and mince pie sessions will be FREE! Check out all the dates below: